Visions & Values
School Logo explanation:
Karlkurla: The Karlkurla a native plant of Kalgoorlie. It is a vine that bonds with other plants always growing upwards to reach its potential. In partnership these plants provide nourishment and strength together for their future success. The children of our school represent the Karlkurla. The school represents the supporting plants.
East Kalgoorlie Primary School nourishes the students and their families to gain strength in education, health and wellbeing.
Butterfly: We will make them butterfly wings:
- Butterflies are beautiful, they come in all shapes, sizes and colours and each one is unique, special and valued.
- Butterflies go through a period of development where they do not yet have their wings and spend time in a cocoon.
- It is the school’s vision that every child will emerge from that cocoon complete with wings before they leave us.
- thinking outside the box
- facing challenges together
- discovering new things
- appreciating differences in others